The HAPPY ME RETREAT: Azores, Portugal
March 22 - March 27
Join Transformational Life Coach, Maria Salomão-Schmidt for a unique 6 day/5 night retreat to Azores, Portugal, where you’ll experience the culture, taste and feel of this absolutely stunning sub-tropical island. The Azores are a magical, volcanic land, full of natural, raw beauty, a temperate climate and endless amazing activities. Truly a paradise, and under 5 hours from Boston!
Re-Start Your Life… Get rid of stress, boredom, sadness, and depression. This once-in-a-lifetime trip is specifically designed to re-set your life. Your days will include creative and inspiring workshops and activities based on the book Finally FULL Of Yourself: Unlocking Your Spiritual DNA, including hikes to some of the most incredible vistas on the island, soaks in natural hot springs, and exploration of neighboring towns.
There will also be plenty of time for respite and retreat amongst the beautiful fruity orchards of Quinta Minuvida, our home for the week. The meals will give you a true taste of delicious Azorean fare, because they are made from fresh local ingredients, lovingly made from scratch. Our accommodations feature lovingly renovated suites, each unique and gorgeous, with its own private bathroom.
Space is limited to 13 . We anticipate this retreat selling out extremely fast, so please reserve your spot ASAP if you’re interested in joining.
- 6 day/5 night lodging at Quinta Minuvida, a unique orchard lodge surrounded by gardens, fruit orchards (help yourself!), a saltwater pool, and plenty of private areas for relaxation, journaling, meditating, reading… being!
- Daily aha-filled, super-fun, sacred and powerful group coaching workshops led by Maria based on aligning your life’s energy systems.
- Locally sourced meals. Some at Quinta Minuvida and some out at nearby restaurants (one optional alcoholic beverage provided at each dinner). We will work to accommodate dietary restrictions.
- Excursions to some of the island’s best hikes, relaxing hot springs, and local towns – all guides and transportation to and from group excursions are included.
- Yoga, wonderful experiences, sharing of tools & meditation.
- Roundtrip airport transfers from Ponta Delgada Airport (PDL) to Quinta Minuvida and back (about a 15 minute ride each way).
- More Information CLICK HERE
What’s Not Included:
- Airfare to Ponta Delgada (PDL) – we will provide you with info on which exact flights to book. Currently, they are $600 via SATA (Azores) Air.
- Additional alcoholic beverages (one is included with each dinner)
- Some lunches. We have provided free time for a few lunches so that you can explore the Azorean restaurants and local cuisine at your leisure.
- Transport or taxis for additional excursions on free days or during free time. In additional, airport transfers are not included for those not traveling on the group flights.
- Single accommodations, where you have your own private room. (very limited spots available)
- Shared suite accommodations, where you share a room with others. Each person has their own bed.
Ready to learn more? Read on!
The Portuguese Azores Islands are a magical, volcanic land, full of natural, raw beauty, a temperate climate and endless outdoor activities. They are located in the Atlantic Ocean, about 1,000 miles off the coast of Portugal. Truly an adventure lovers paradise, and under 5 hours from Boston.
Discover the island:
Our week will include opportunities for deep connection with the senses in nature. There is no better to get to know and feel a place than through the locals. We partner with local guides to explore the island and aid you in your journey of self-discovery.
Discover some of the most pristine corners of the island during our hikes. Breathe and feel the breeze on your skin, smell the mineral-rich soil, step on the black sand beaches and verdant green hillsides and taste the ocean air.
You’ll also have free time for your own adventure or exploration… For those real outdoor enthusiasts, flights on SATA/Azores Airlines include a free piece of checked sporting gear – so you can take a bike or surf board along for free! For something even more out of the ordinary you can commune with nature on horseback.
Our home away from home will be Quinta Minuvida, a beautiful orchard lodge nestled on the slopes of the Fogo volcano. Quinta Minuvida is centrally located, only 15 minutes from the airport and about 30 minutes from most attractions. The lodge features five thoughtfully appointed suites, large outdoors pool, yoga studio, guest kitchen, fireplace living area, outdoors grills, fire-pit, observatory tower, organic vegetable garden and one acre of orchards. We’ll be close to beaches, walking trails, hot springs and bike paths, not to mention the largest fishing port in the Azores. For even more photos of Quinta Minuvida and its grounds, click here.
An added bonus is spending time with very special and friendly residents – the dogs Biscoito and Moo!
Here’s a peek at your digs:
Most meals are included, and will be nourishing, fresh and delicious, so you get a true taste of Azorean fare. Our home for the week, Quinta Minuvida, is located on an orchard – feel free to wander around and pick delicious fresh fruits and herbs. Each morning’s breakfast will include a sampling of fresh fruits, jams and teas that are grown on the grounds.
A highlight in our culinary experience is the Minuvida Dinner a five-course sensory food journey inspired by local cuisine using traditional ingredients with a creative twist. Includes local wine pairings and liqueur.
To yourself, to others, to nature
Our fast-paced digital lifestyle is draining us more than ever before. Unplug from your daily grind for a few magical days. Truly recharge your body, mind and soul. Whether it’s with nature, with yourself, or with like-minded people, this retreat offers you the opportunity for true connection.
Our days will include the following activities and sites:
- An orchard tour by the owners of Quinta Minuvida, João & Rimi
- Hikes and nature walks in some of the most pristine nature you’ve ever experienced
- Evening dinner excursions in neighboring towns, with time to explore new places
- Walking on canadas, old farming roads, including one optional walk to a nearby Chocolate Factory (did someone say “CHOCOLATE FACTORY”!?) 😉
- Optional massages at Quinta Minuvida
- Optional visit to Caldeira Velha, a beautiful natural park and hot spring
- Free time for outdoor activities for the true adventure junkies ~ canyoning, whale & dolphin watching, mountain biking, surfing, etc.